As the summer winds down and the school year approaches, many parents are preparing to drop their teenagers off at colleges around the country. While teens are salivating at the impending independence, parents may be feeling a tinge of trepidation. To ease the understandable uneasiness of this process, Pacifica Hotels provides guests with all the comforts of home. From complimentary breakfast and WiFi to inviting beds, Pacifica Hotels’ comfortable and convenient coastal properties positioned near many colleges and universities, get an A+.
Here are some of our hotels at the top of the class:
- For those attending Loyola Marymount University , or any other higher education institution in the West Los Angeles area, the Inn at Venice Beach is conveniently located 10 minutes from the University and two blocks from the beach. When not helping your college-bound move into their new housing, you can explore and discover the fun, area activities. The Inn at Venice Beach provides a complimentary shuttle that transfers you from the hotel to the downtown Venice Beach boardwalk district, allowing you to experience everything from the beach to shopping to restaurants and bars.
- Inn at Marina Del Rey is another option when looking to stay on Los Angeles’s Westside. Located near Santa Monica College , and only 4 miles away from Santa Monica’s famous Third Street Promenade, there are plenty of activities to enjoy outside of settling in at school. This hotel comes with a handful of complimentary amenities, including complimentary breakfast and bike rentals! Staying here will ensure a peaceful environment when you need it and a home base from which to venture out when you want it.
- For those looking to stay in one of our newly renovated properties right on the water, Jamaica Bay Inn is a tranquil escape to lay your head. With impeccable views of the harbor and delectable on site dining, this hotel is equipped with a soothing island ambiance and is perfectly located to let you enjoy all the area has to offer. Situated in the Marina Del Rey Harbor and on Marina Beach, Jamaica Bay Inn is an affordable and luxury hotel option. Complimentary amenities include beachside pool, complete with a pool-side-menu, and bike rentals with valet.
- Traveling south along the coast, you’ll find Empress Hotel, conveniently tucked away in the heart of La Jolla. The peaceful and serene surroundings offer a pleasant retreat just a few miles from University of San Diego and San Diego City College. The hotel’s deluxe continental breakfast will satisfy you and provide you with the energy you’ll need throughout the day to become acquainted with the area.
- If you’re heading to the American Riviera, better known as Santa Barbara, Pacifica Suites is a lush and perfectly positioned hotel option. Just a few moments north of Santa Barbara, and just a few miles from University of California, Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College, this beautiful hotel offers spacious suites and impressive amenities, which include a Manager’s Wine Mixer that features complimentary wine, beer, and snacks. What a perfect way to unwind after helping your future college student settle into his/her new accommodations.
- Situated in San Luis Obispo, California Polytechnic State University (Cal State Poly) attracts students from around the world. The Holiday Inn Express in downtown provides a central location for students and parents to get a feel for the community. Downtown is home to some spectacular shopping and galleries, as well as the historic San Luis Obispo Mission. On Thursday nights, socialize with locals and other students and their families at the San Luis Obispo Farmers Market.
Wherever your college-bound student decides to pursue higher education along the California Coast, rest assured there will be a Pacifica Hotel waiting to welcome you with comfortable rooms and an abundance of complimentary amenities to help you relax during this challenging transition.