Every September for the past seven years, the Golden State has celebrated California Wine Month. September marks the start of the grape harvest, making it a perfect time to celebrate the state’s ideal climate, the beautiful wine country landscape, the talented winemaking families, and the state’s illustrious lifestyle and cuisine.
Throughout the month, many businesses toast this state’s cherished wine culture. You can cheers with the locals at any of these celebratory wine festivals lining the California Coast:
- The Vineyard Walk with Jim Stollberg – Greater Santa Barbara
- FrancFest – Santa Barbara County
- Crush Party – Santa Barbara County
- Master of Food & Wine Event – San Diego
- Friday Night Flights – Saucelito Canyon, by Pismo Beach
- Taste of the Central Coast – San Luis Obispo
- Sunset’s Savor the Central Coast – San Luis Obispo Count
Looking for a place to stay so you can experience this classic California celebration? Pacifica Hotels provide several hotel options along that coast, allowing you to enjoy wine month, as well as notable nearby attractions.
A few facts:
- California is the fourth largest wine producer in the nation
- California generates well over 90% of America’s wines
- California is responsible for $18.5 billion in retail wine sales in the U.S.
- With assorted wineries lining its coast, California produces the most bountifully diverse blends of wine from the tip of the south through the long stretch up north
- California’s commitment to sustainability and to the environment makes it a leading agricultural wine- making pioneer
To book a room at of the Pacifica Hotels visit: http://www.pacificahotels.com/